Saturday, June 16, 2012

The AutoBEATography Progress Report: Day 2

MOVING RIGHT ALONG...

Yesterday yielded great results and positive feedback as I gave folks a sneak preview of The AutoBEATography.  I let one guy hear it and he was amazed...  I frequently get a lot of "who's that rapping?... That's not you..."  Yeah, bruh... that's me.  

It's kind of amazing how you can have a talent that you don't use for so long that when you do decide to do something with it, people never believe that it's you doing it.  

So, yesterday I completed the first four tracks.  I came in with a bang in the form of a strong 12 bars, then tapered off at the hook to introduce what the album is all about.  I felt like keeping it real and raw was the most authentic way to go... so it's pretty much like you and me sitting in my studio playing all these beats and telling you what the heck was going on in that time period.  Don't worry, I don't go into great detail, and for those of you with shorter attention spans, I promise it's not too boring!!!

I also let one of my music mentors, the Illustrious Fuzzy Fresh, hear some snippets...  in his own fuzzy way he let me know that he liked the direction it was going in.

I even let some non-hip-hop lovers hear it, and I got some different but positive complements.  I love how music can bring people together from nearly any walk of life!  It's truly awesome.

Well, next week, I'll be pricing some duplication companies to see how much a couple professional copies would be.  I am definitely planning to make this first outing fully professional so that I can know my roadblocks and mistakes before the full album drops.

Oh, and The AutoBEATography will be put out on datpiff.com, soundforge.com, soundclick.com, 2dopeboys.com, and getrightmusic.com, for those of you who won't be able to collect a hard copy.

Peace and Love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment