Monday, July 2, 2012

Pushed back like a 30's something guys hairline...

Sheesh...

Well family, It's official... The AutoBEATography will have to be pushed back.  After a humbling listening session, I got a lot of good, positive, and necessary feedback that let me know that I could make a lot of improvements.

Body language is a killer, and watching people get bored while listening to your music is like someone stabbing you repeatedly with a knife!  Kills your soul!

But my soul is resilient, this let me know that I have some work to do.  

1.) Condense it and make it shorter.  I wanted to tell a story with words, but some listeners got very bored very fast.  I have to figure out a way to tell the story without talking you to death...

2.) Transition - The way I had it set up, I was going story, beat, story, beat... but I had no real fillers or transitional sounds.  Basically, I had to remember that more than just my friends would be hearing this.

3.) Can't give away the good stuff.  I had some bangers on this CD.  My mentality was to allow people to hear all the good stuff too... but I was warned about the reality of music theft and how easy it is to loop your beat.

So those three reasons combined = a delay in production.

I will still be coming out with something, but it won't be the 4th of July.

Sorry for the delay, but at the very least, I'll drop a single on ReverbNation, SoundClick, and BandCamp.  It will most likely be Tonight, but I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for the support, and feel free to hit me up and give me crap for the delay! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment